Clean Energy Trust and U.S. Bank are on a mission to support underserved and underrepresented cleantech entrepreneurs. The U.S. Bank Cleantech Inclusion Award is a grant awarded to entrepreneurs who are female and/or people of color and who are building innovative companies that benefit the environment, create jobs, and drive economic development. Recipients of the Cleantech Inclusive Innovation Award receive a non-recourse grant of $25,000, 12-months of business mentorship from Clean Energy Trust, and heightened exposure to both investors and potential customers. Interested in applying? Click here.
Company must have at least one company founder who identifies as female or a person of color
The following states are eligible: Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- Company must be legally incorporated.
- Company employment must be within the range of 2-12 full-time employees.
- Company must not have raised greater than $1 million from external investors.
- Company must own or have a valid license to relevant IP.
- Companies must have a market-ready product or service: we will not consider business plans or prototypes.
Eligible companies must have a product or service that mitigates harmful emissions, reduces carbon, or otherwise positively impacts the environment. Eligible sectors include renewable energy, energy efficiency, smart buildings/cities, water, ag-tech, energy storage, mobility/advanced transportation, and circular economy.
While not explicitly required, other beneficial qualifications include:
- Company’s product or service provides a positive social impact and has the potential to benefit disadvantaged communities
- Company is revenue-generating
To apply, please click here.